LICENSE FOR TRANSPORTATION GOODS
Companies which intend to transport goods within Lithuania and the European Union must have a transport license. The license is issued by the State transport Inspectorate of the Republic of Lithuania and grants the right to transport goods on international routes and on the territory of the Republic of Lithuania. This is a very important document, without which the activity of goods transportation is impossible.
Even if you have experience in the field of goods transportation, the independent start of such activities raises many questions. In addition, a carrier who wish to obtain a license must have an actual and permanent office in Lithuania, have an impeccable reputation and proper financial position and have the necessary professional competence.
Experienced and qualified lawyers of InLegal PRO Company will help you get a license for goods transportation and will be able to provide you with comprehensive assistance in support of its further work.
Obtaining a license for goods transportation is a time -consuming and meticulous procedure that requires the applicant to have certain theoretical knowledge and skills in drawing up documents , and to pay close attention to all the features provided for by the country’s legislation.
You can order and get licenses for goods transportation “door-to-door basis” at InLegal PRO Company:
Questions / answers
Yes, for the actual carriage of goods both internationally and within the territory of the Republic of Lithuania by road freight vehicles with a maximum permissible weight, including a trailer (semi-trailer) exceeding 3.5 tons – a license is required. It is prohibited to carry out activities related to the carriage of goods if the carrier does not have a valid license (copy thereof) or its activity has been suspended.
No license required:
- For universal postal service providers engaged in the transport of postal items;
- For damaged vehicles or damaged in an accident;
- For transportation of medicines (medicines), devices, equipment and other products necessary for the first aid during rescue operations, especially in case of natural disasters;
- For the carriage of goods in motor vehicles where the permissible laden weight of the vehicle, including the trailer, does not exceed 3,5 tonnes;
- As well as the carriage of goods where the following conditions are met: (a) the goods to be transported are the property of the undertaking or of such undertaking, sold, purchased, rented, hired, manufactured, disposed of, processed or repaired; (b) the purpose of the course is to carry the goods for own use to or from the undertaking or to transport goods within or outside the undertaking; (c) motor vehicles used for the carriage of goods are controlled by staff employed to supply or employ the undertaking under contract; (d) the goods vehicles are the property of the company, have been purchased on credit or have been hired out under conditions established in 2006; January 18 Directive 2006/1 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council; and (e) such carriage is an ancillary activity of the undertaking.
In order to obtain a license, a carrier must meet the following criteria:
- Person must have a legal and factual address in the Member State in which he is a member;
- Person must be in a good financial standing. Each year, natural and legal persons must have their capital and public entities must have a net worth of at least EUR 9000 for a single road vehicle and 5000 for each additional road vehicle used. means;
- Person must be of good reputation (this also applies to the carrier’s manager and transport manager), he / she should not be convicted of serious offenses and of any penalties imposed for serious infringements of Community rules on the carriage of goods (failure to comply with working time and rest requirements, maximum authorized weight and size of vehicle, driver’s qualifications, technical condition). ;
- The transport manager must pass an examination of professional competence.
Among other things, the carrier must own the property or have other legal grounds:
- Parking space for road vehicles used for asphalt, concrete, asphalt or gravel cargo, which cannot be the street or yard of an apartment building;
- ‘carrier-compliant body’ means a management center, the accommodation of which should be arranged in such a way that the customer can be arranged, transported, handled and stored for a specified period;
All carrier rights for used road vehicle parking space and carrier control center must be registered in the Real Estate Register.
The license issued shall be kept at the place of residence or at the address of the carrier’s registration. A copy of the license shall be issued for each road vehicle which is kept on the road vehicle. It shall be prohibited to carry goods by road for a fee without a copy of a valid license or if a copy of the license has been suspended. A copy of the license shall be issued for a specific vehicle and may not be used for another road vehicle. Trailers and semi-trailers do not require a license. It should be noted that a road vehicle must be driven or used on a proprietary, trust basis or rented out without management or maintenance services for an indefinite or temporary period if the driving period of the road vehicle is limited on the basis of: is registered in the Republic of Lithuania and must have the state common use license plates IAOD.
The carrier must apply for a license or a copy of it from the State Road Inspectorate under the Ministry of Railways.
In order to obtain or renew a license, the carrier must present:
- a statement in the prescribed form;
- an identity document or a copy thereof (if the individual wishes to obtain a license);
- a certificate of training or a certified copy of the carrier’s transport manager;
- documents proving the carrier’s financial capacity. Legal entities with limited liability and unlimited liability shall provide an annual balance sheet or a certified true copy of a carrier, public sector entities an annual statement of financial performance or a certified true copy of a carrier, private individuals a statement of ownership;
- if the transport manager and / or transport manager were previously resident in another EU Member State, a document certifying good repute (usually a certificate issued by the competent authorities stating that the person concerned was / was not subject to administrative or criminal liability). ;
- a person’s reputation profile;
- criminal record certificate (criminal record);
- a transport manager’s employment contract or a contract with a person authorized to carry out transport manager’s duties, or a certified true copy of the carrier;
- documents certifying the right of used road vehicles and a parking plan or copies certified by the carrier;
- documents certifying entitlement to the carrier’s control center and plan of the carrier’s control center, or copies thereof certified by the carrier.
Licenses shall be issued for a period of 10 years. Copies of the license shall be issued only up to the date of expiry of the license. A new license is issued to renew the license.
The license shall be issued within 30 days of receipt of the application and all necessary documents. The same conditions apply to the renewal or refusal of a license (with reasons in writing).
Examples of licences and permits
LEAVE AN APPLICATION FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Company code: 304291346
VAT code: LT100011233910
Konstitucijos ave. 12-211, Vilnius,
Mo. – Fr.: from 8:00 to 17:00